St Ninian’s Uniting Church.
St Ninian’s is a church in the heart of Karori. We are a warm and friendly congregation. We enjoy each other’s company and caring for each other is very important. We work hard at being the family of God and have a lot of fun while we do it.
We are committed to:
- Proclaiming and witnessing to our faith in God, and in Jesus Christ, in whom God’s love is made known.
- Offering radically loving service in the community with whom we seek to be in partnership.
- Encouraging and challenging each other in our journey of faith; being open to and inclusive of all people, and exploring a variety of theological perspectives.
- Bringing a Christian perspective to the issues that concern us all.
- Gathering together, celebrating our lives, memories and hopes in both traditional and new forms of worship.
Our Five Areas of Focus are:
- being an all-age church family that encourages new people with a special focus on young members.
- becoming relevant, alive and vibrant in all aspects of church life, but especially worship.
- being a welcoming, inviting church that offers all aspects of hospitality.
- raising the church profile by working at outreach both in the local community and overseas.
- building a social focus within the church that encourages closer relationships and interaction among all members.